What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, comments or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you complete a contact form, register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you complete contact form, you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of
content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and
How do we protect visitor information?
According to website host and other parties who assist in the operation of this website, security measures according to each vendor are implemented for security, vulnerabilities and safety. Although we intend to take reasonable steps to prevent introduction of viruses, worms, ‘Trojan Horses’ or other destructive materials to this website service, we do not guarantee or warrant that this service or materials that may be downloaded from this service, or on the website directly, do not contain such destructive features. We are not liable for any damages and/or harm attributable to such features.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology as indicated by website hosting partner and other parties providing this service
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in your/the shopping cart
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits
- Keep track of advertisements
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in
order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We
may also use trusted third party services that track this information on
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting support directly.
Internet Protocol Address (IP Address)
IP address is the number assigned to your computer when accessing the internet. This address may be collected by web host partners and other parties to measure site traffic for purposes of visitor statistic. The IP address is generally not linked to any personal information but may be used to identify and when appropriate anyone who threatens our service, customers, visitors and or others. We may release logged information to comply with any legal process.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Some pages contain links to third-party websites, products and/or services in an effort to provide relevant information to visitors for their convenience. However, we have no control over the content of such sites and as a result are in no way liable or responsible for the quality, timeliness, accuracy, legality, functionality and/or content of linked sites. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. In order to protect the integrity of our site, feedback is welcomed about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not market and collect information from children under age 13.
We do allow third parties, including ad networks, or plug-in to collect personally identifiable information from children under age 13.
We adhere to the following COPPA tenants:
- We will not require a child to disclose more information than is
reasonably necessary to participate in an activity.
- Parents can review their child’s personal information, direct us to delete
it, and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s
- Parents can agree to the collection and use of their child’s information,
but still NOT allow disclosure to third parties unless that’s part of the
- Parents can review, delete, manage or refuse with whom their child’s
information is shared through emailing our support staff, through
contacting us directly in writing via email.
- We will notify parents directly before collecting PII from their kids. This
includes what specific information you will want to collect and how it
parents can give their consent. Also, if the parent doesn’t consent within
a reasonable time you will delete the parent’s and child’s online contact
info from your records.
- Parents can give consent by sign a consent form and send it back to you
via fax, mail, or electronic scan or contacting us directly.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email within 14 business days
We will notify the users via in site notification with 14 business days
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only those individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors. Kontos Psychotherapy LCSW PC is released from any liability and legal pursuit related to privacy breach.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information; respond to inquiries, and/or other requests
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients afterthe original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence
Email unsubscribe request to email@example.com
- Mail: Kontos Psychotherapy LCSW PC, Attn: Technical Support, PO Box 872, Lindenhurst NY 11757 USA
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 631-592-2179